Friday 15 March 2013

Cynthia Rowley Gets CuRious

 Gosh, one of my fav games as a kid was CandyLand, remember that game? I wanted to play it for hours. And while I'm not a huge candy nut, I won't lie and tell you I don't love a great candy store. When I first visited the Toys 'R Us in Times Square I was just like a kid in a candy store. Well, designer Cynthia Rowley has just opened a new four-story townhouse in upper Manhattan, complete with - you guessed it - candy. Folks, I missed the opening by days during my New York trip. This will be a must-see next time I'm in the city - and hopefully that's soon!It's located at 78th Street and Madison Avenue and really is like a fairytale - you even enter through a gated courtyard. The first floor is the well-known boutique, and up the enchanting staircase you'll find all of the CuRious candy (cute name, right?). Custom pinatas and party decor are fun things you'll find other than the gobs of candy goodies (some passed around by amazingly dressed staff members, obvi). Oh, and there's even an edible place setting you can buy. The top two floors are for Exhibition A (Cynthia's husband is an artist) and shown by appointment only. The whole townhouse is an experience not to miss if you're around the neighborhood. P.S. Did you catch my HuffPo Live interview a couple of weeks ago with CR? She discussed a lot about her new candy concept![Photos Courtesy Cynthia Rowley]

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment